Kia means ‘rising out of Asia’ in Sino-Korean: we can’t think of a more fitting analogy for such a young company putting out so many high-quality vehicles – and at such a pace, too! From the striking Sportage SUV to the Stinger coupe, it’s one of the most versatile automobile manufacturers going. Which is even more impressive when you consider its cars didn’t even make it to production until 1974. ‘The Power to Surprise’* indeed.
However, the one surprise you truly don’t want from your Kia is an unexpected fault. And to make sure that you aren’t slapped with a huge repair bill, you’ll need to take out an extended car warranty. It’s the best way to guarantee your peace of mind; you’ll be fully protected against unforeseen costs with a comprehensive Kia warranty plan from MotorEasy.
Why Do I Need A Warranty For My Kia?
Our warranties are designed to offer the best combination of cover and value, delivering many features that aren’t available with a Kia manufacturer warranty. Our plans cover:
- Failures identified during MOTs and servicing
- Wear and tear – a feature not present in a standard Kia manufacturer warranty
- Consequential damage as standard, meaning repairs or replacements are covered when directly impacted by a failure
- Failures caused by overheating
- Air conditioning problems
Kia Reliability: A MotorEasy Study
The MotorEasy Reliability Index measures the dependability of a car, as an average of the frequency and cost of repairs for over 1,200 models. It reveals some of the hidden costs of ownership, as well as the likelihood of something going wrong. Each model is given a reliability score ranging from -100 (red), for a high frequency and/or high cost of repair, through to +100 (green), where there is a low frequency and cost of repair.
The index also includes model-specific data on:
- The typical repairs needed for each model, including the percentage of claims for engine, gearbox, electrical system, suspension, braking system and fuel system repairs.
- The average cost for each of the above types of repairs
Select from the list below to view Kia reliability index data:
The Benefits Of A MotorEasy Warranty
Having a MotorEasy warranty for your Kia means you will also have access to benefits like:
- Our monitored repair process tracking workshop progress and ensuring work is completed to agreed standards
- We pay network garages directly, meaning you are never out of pocket
- Access to our network of 10,000 garages nationwide
- Collection and delivery from your home or work
- 24/7 online booking
- Free online account area where you can create a digital logbook for your car, with access to useful reminder dates and a range of value-add discounts
MotorEasy provides warranties across the Kia range and these benefits are available for warranties on all manufacturers. Enter your registration and mileage in our quote engine to choose a plan tailored to your Kia’s age and condition. You can also opt for a Lite plan, designed to pay-out in the event that your car has broken down and needs roadside recovery.
Can I Get A Free Quote Online?
Absolutely! For a free Kia warranty quote, just head to our quote journey. You’ll need to fill in your car’s registration number as well as some personal details. Then, in no time at all, you’ll receive your free Kia warranty quote.
Alternatively, if you’d like to talk to us in person, make sure that you call us on freephone 0800 131 0001. Our team will be happy to discuss any questions you have about the process or any further needs you may have when it comes to your Kia warranty.
Recent Paid Maintenance and Repairs for Kia Cars
As one of the most reliable vehicles on the market today, it can come as quite a shock when your Kia suffers an unexplained mechanical or electrical fault and needs to go in for repairs. Planning ahead by finding out examples of issues associated with this make of car – and how much they cost to fix – is a step towards softening the blow. Check out our guide below:
- Sportage: Recently, we changed the cylinder head in this model. Taking into account diagnostics, parts and labour, the final expense was £1,812.08. It's these sudden costs that can really stress you out as a motorist, so do yourself a favour and get a quote for an extended Kia warranty from MotorEasy to safeguard your investment.
- Sorento: One of these cars came to us needing its drive chains restoring. In total, the bill was £1,732.15, which isn’t bad when you consider that diagnostics, parts and labour were all included in the price. Protect your Kia against unforeseen failures on the road with one of our extended warranty plans.
- Sedona: This model lays claim to one of the most expensive Kia repair jobs we’ve ever done. Us replacing the fuel injectors could have ended up costing the owner £2,018.88 – including diagnostics, parts and labour. Obtaining a comprehensive Kia warranty with MotorEasy means you’ll make unexpected repairs like this a thing of the past.
- Ceed: When the clutch kit needed restoring in one of these cars, it could have ended up costing the owner £479.68 to put right. Take out an extended Kia warranty from MotorEasy to safeguard your investment and peace of mind.
- Picanto: Work on the clutch plate for one of these cars came to £357.14, including diagnostics, parts and labour costs. Protect both yourself and your car with a comprehensive Kia warranty courtesy of MotorEasy.
- Optima: One job involved repairing the flywheel on this particular type of car, totalling £2,122.21. By obtaining a full Kia warranty with MotorEasy, you’ll ensure unexpected repairs like this are completely covered.
- Rio: Restoring the radiator in one of these models meant the owner was charged £352.82, which is a lot to have to pay upfront. Fortunately, a Kia warranty with MotorEasy spared him of this financial burden.
*The Kia slogan.